Do you realize that you MUST get fans to engage with your Business Page (Like, Share, Comment, Click) to get your Posts pushed out into their News Feed? A great way to do that is Facebook Video!
Once they (Facebook) notice that people are interested in what you have to say, they give them more of similar. Just another way Facebook helps your business.
BUT alas on 30 June Facebook announced it will increasingly prioritize posts shared by friends and family over those from publishers, brands, and other Pages.
So what does this mean for you?
WHY Facebook Video?
- If the posts of “friends and family” will get top ranking in News Feed, then publishers just MUST get those folks to share their stories. And, Video is the way to go right now!
- Facebook’s Autoplay feature means videos are more eye-catching than a regular post.
- Video hosted on Facebook is naturally more visually appealing and more likely to be viewed compared to material linked from other locations like YouTube or Vimeo.
- Facebook videos seem to get more organic reach in the news feed. You will have to monitor that through your Insights to understand your audience preferences.
- Food videos have become a part of the relaxation or distraction routine of many people.
- Associate you and your brand, product, service or experience with simple solutions for your audience’s problems.
- With Facebook’s Ad targeting abilities can deliver your video right in front of those more likely to be interested.
WHAT is good Facebook Video?
Customer Focus is best so ask their burning question “What’s in it for Me?” What would they like to see? What would they like to know how to do?
The most popular videos teach something useful or give tips.
Refer to your most frequently asked questions for ideas.
Make a mundane task look easy and inviting. Include only the beautiful or fun part of cooking, swinging a golf club, hiking a trail, taking a spa treatment etc. and, none of the grindstone struggle that could be associated with the activity.
Inspirational videos get more shares and engagement than sales messages.
Use images and a testimonial video clip to show how your product or service has changed a customer’s life.
Entertain with informal, behind-the-scenes interviews at your company.
Create something fun like a Meme.
Promote an upcoming event.
Add and element of surprise or make it Aspirational.
HOW to do good Facebook Video?
“The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning, and a good ending; and to have the two as close together as possible.” – GEORGE BURNS
- There is no sound required, certainly not informational.
- A video clip and/or a series of images.
- Text (no more than 20%) overlay with fun music is the perfect combination.
- If you use music make sure it is appropriately evocative.
- Use Microsoft movie maker to edit or a free trial on a paid tool like Animoto.
- Keep it short. Two minutes MAX and around one minute is best.
- Construct the video like a visual bullet list by fast forwarding through ‘boring’ content that does not add value to your message.
- Make it look as professional as you can with tight editing and good lighting.
- Have movement in the first two to three seconds to attract attention during Autoplay.
- Change scenes and increase speed of the video.
- Upload video (same as you would a photo) directly to Facebook as opposed to a YouTube link. Facebook users like to stay on Facebook.
- Add a Call to Action e.g. links to a recipe, special offer or your Blog to learn more.
- Schedule before you post to give yourself time to edit your video, choose a suitable thumbnail, add a Title and description.
- Use limited text in the accompanying post i.e. 0-50 characters.
- Set a Video Tab from the “More” button that sits in Profile image section of your Page.
- Use the “Watch Video” Call-to-Action.
- Add a featured video which will appear above your About section on the Left of your page.
- Group videos to create Playlists about similar topics.
- Use the Facebook videos Embed feature to let videos play in your blog posts or on your website.
- Check your Facebook Insights to see stats and learn more about your video views
- When you see your video works for your audience, give your post an extra boost with a Facebook video Ad.
Share some of your best practice tips with me and my readers in the Comments section below. We’d also love for you to share links to some of your Facebook videos. I’ll even feature them on my Facebook Page. How’s that for a free Reach you can’t refuse?
I coach small business owners and managers to do better marketing – Marketing DIY that saves you money, time and frustration!
Sources for some of these fabulous tips: